An interim board has been established to investigate the option of local management for the Mareeba-Dimbulah channel scheme, which has an area of about 17,000 hectares and around 1,000 irrigators.
We have been investigating what benefits managing the scheme locally could have for customers and have prepared a consultation draft of our business proposal (link below) for your feedback, prior to presenting a final proposal to government.
Further information on our progress can be found in the resources listed below.
Customer meetings 5 & 6 May
- Business Proposal Summary
- Letter to customers 22 April, 2014
- Support form
- Click here to listen to the interim board's invitation
- Letter to customers from the LMA Investigation Board - 10 April 2017
- Letter to customers from the LMA Investigation Board - 22 November 2016
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board - 30 January, 2014
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board - 26 November, 2013
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board - 31 July, 2013
- Mareeba-Dimbulah Interim Board announced - June 13, 2013
- Bid receives conditional support - May 8, 2014