The Queensland Government assessed the business case proposal for transitioning the Mareeba-Dimbulah channel irrigation scheme to local management arrangements (LMA) whereby local irrigators would own and operate it and found too much uncertainty existed as to whether the transition to LMA would deliver the best outcome for the long-term sustainability of the scheme.
As a result SunWater will continue the operation and maintenance of the scheme in partnership with the local community.
The Queensland Government thanked all who contributed to the LMA process and in particular acknowledged the efforts of the Mareeba-Dimbulah interim LMA board which was established to develop the options presented to government.
Mareeba-Dimbulah to stay with SunWater
- Queensland Government announcement – March 2019
Business Proposal submitted to government
- Letter to customers from the LMA Investigation Board – 10 April, 2017
- Letter to customers from the LMA Investigation Board – 22 November, 2016
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board – 30 January, 2014
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board – 26 November, 2013
- Letter to customers from the Interim Board – 31 July, 2013